Horizon Science Academy offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
Contribution to your State and or Federal Retirement Plan (STRS)
Medical and dental insurance (60% of your monthly premiums will be paid by the employ
Voluntary Vision Insurance (100% paid by the employee)
Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance (100% paid by the employee)
Life Insurance (100% paid by the employer)
Long Term Disability Insurance (100% paid by the employer)
8 work days of annual paid time off as sick & personal days
Maternity Leave paid 30 days
Moving expense up to $2,500
Tuition reimbursement up to $3,000 for your professional development courses / workshops
Professional Development opportunities
Resident Educator Program
Horizon Science Academy is looking for a Spanish Teacher willing to join our team for the 2018-2019 school year to educate students in grades 6-8. Apply now to join this highly diverse student and teacher community to create a dynamic school culture of high expectations and motivation in a small and safe learning environment.
• Support the school's mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies toward students, parents/guardians and coworkers.
• Design and effectively deliver developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
• Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that includes college preparation for all students.
• Work with the faculty and school leadership to frequently examine student data for ongoing refinement of instruction and assessment.
• Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices.
• Facilitate regular parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress.
• Keep the classroom environment organized, attractive and safe.
• Interact frequently and respectfully with students.
• Highly qualified in content area
• Uses data to drive instruction
• Receptive to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Has the work ethic and desire to go above and beyond
• Highly organized
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree
• Valid OH teaching certificate/license or must be in the process of obtaining a valid OH teaching certificate/license in subject area to be taught